A colleague of mine posted a great article on the new features of Azure Active Directory Connect (AADConnect) that raises some caution flags -things to be aware of when installing this new version. Please take a moment to review the items Mr. Crowley addresses as they may be helpful on your next AADConnect deployment… Continue reading
Below are a few links I have used relating to Microsoft Azure Active Directory, including DirSync (aka Azure Active Directory Synch, aka Azure AD Connect)
- Add in Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to Azure Active Directory
- Manage Azure AD
- Azure Active Directory Sync Services, Preview / Step by Step
- DirSync: Using Alternate Login IDs with Azure Active Directory
- Fix Duplicate DirSync Errors
- Azure AD Connect: One simple, fast, lightweight tool to connect AD and Azure AD
I came across a unique incident today while working in an Office 365 tenant. After getting things ready for Directory Synchronization internally and on the tenant side, the time had come to Turn on DirSync within the O365 Portal. I had downloaded the Azure Active Directory Synchronization install (DirSync), created the accounts needed for the install and was ready to go. Within the Portal, after clicking on Users/Active Users then selecting Active Directory Synchronization Set up, under Step #3 Activate Active Directory Synchronization I clicked Activate
This returned an error that it couldn’t be completed;
Sorry, we can’t process your request.
we’re investigating right now. Please try again later.
After waiting awhile, this did not ‘resolve itself’ and a support ticket was opened. After escalation and still no results, i found a good article (http://blogs.perficient.com/microsoft/2015/04/office-365-unable-to-activate-directory-synchronization/) explaining the same problem -and a solution!
Logging into the portal through PowerShell and running a Get-MsolDomain, i saw that the tenant.mail.onmicrosoft.com domain was indeed in there.
I ran Remove-MsolDomain tenant.mail.onmicrosoft.com and verified it was gone, then went back and tried the Activate button again (in Step #3) -It works!
If anyone runs into this problem, I hope that if they haven’t come across the Perficient blog they see this one and are able to fix the issue quickly.
Share the knowledge!