There seems to be an increasing need for drive mapping to OneDrive for Business (ODFB). Though the newer versions of Windows (v8, v8.1, v10) will automatically synchronize a OneDrive ‘folder’, Drive mapping in corporate environments still seems to be the preferred way.
The ‘trick’ to doing this is to simply put the correct URL into the drive map location;
- Log into your Portal (https://portal.microsoftonline.com)
- Be sure to check the “Keep me signed in” box
- Click on OneDrive and copy the URL from the browser’s URL bar
- Back in Windows, go file explorer, click on Computer and select Map Network Drive
- Select the Drive Letter you’d like to assign
- Paste the URL from the step earlier
- modify it to look similar to: https://TENANT-my.sharepoint.com/personal/USERNAME_DOMAIN_com/Documents/
- (Replace the CAPS in the link above to your values)
- That’s IT -now you have a network drive map to your OneDrive for Business!